Advising is a partnership. We are here to assist you. You gain more from your advising partnership when you prepare in advance of your appointment. Follow the instructions below.
1. Check your degree completion progress in Degree Works. This includes major/minor and General Education requirements. Make note of any discrepancies that you see.
2. You may find your overall earned credit hours on your Unofficial Transcript or Advising Transcript in Banner Self-Service. You must earn at least 120 credit hours to graduate from UNC Charlotte. (This includes major/minor and General Education requirements.) Transfer students must earn at least 30 credit hours here at UNC Charlotte, in addition to your transfer credits, to graduate from UNC Charlotte. No exception will be made to either of these rules.
3. Bring a list of courses that you plan to take next semester, even if you are not quite sure what courses you should take. It is better to have something than nothing.
4. Bring a pen and a sheet of paper to take notes during the conversation.
5. Jot down any questions that you have and bring them to your appointment.
On the day of your appointment:
- Please arrive on time.
- When you arrive, sign-in and have a seat. The advisor will come and get you.
- The advisor will have back-to-back appointments. If you are late for your appointment, you run the risk of having to reschedule. Please be on time.
Appointments will be open a few weeks at a time. As those appointments fill, additional time will be made available.
We look forward to seeing you soon!